The ISDS Foudation welcomes Dr. Michelle Jennings to the Board of Directors
From Dr. Jennings…
I am a native to the Chicago area, growing up in the southwestern suburb of Hinsdale, Illinois and graduated from Hinsdale Central High School.
I received a B.S. degree in Biomedical Sciences from Western Michigan University and received my D.D.S. degree in 1989 from the University of Illinois College of Dentistry. I furthered my dental education at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, specializing in Periodontics in 1991. Upon graduation, I entered into private practice with Dr. Eugene Buksa in Lagrange, Illinois and also teach part-time at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry as an Assistant Clinical Professor.
I have always enjoyed the camaraderie associated with organized dentistry and like to give back to the profession that has provided me with so many opportunities.
Some areas of involvement include:
- Past committee member for the Young Periodontist Committee of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Past President of the West Side Branch of the Chicago Dental Society
- Past Director of the West Side Branch of the Chicago Dental Society
- Past President of the Illinois Society of Periodontists
- Currently on the mediation committee, peer review for the Chicago Dental Society
- General Chairman for the 2022 Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting
- Past member of the Allied Health Committee of the Illinois State Dental Society
- Member of the American College of Dentistry and The Academy of Dentistry International on ethics, professionalism and leadership
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Periodontics at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry
- Periodontal Advisor for the Windy City Seminars Seattle Study Club
Besides my devotion and dedication to Periodontics, I also take great pride and honor in being a mother of two wonderful children. When not involved with dentistry, I enjoy running, fitness and sports. I am blessed with a supportive family, friends and dental community.
Volunteer Registration is now open! Click here to register!
A room block is reserved at the Wyndham Springfield City Centre
$112/night + tax, including free parking
Make your hotel reservations before June 27th to receive this special pricing!!
Is there anything new planned for the 2018 M.O.M.?
Yes! On Thursday afternoon, after the clinic set-up, volunteers will screen up to 250 Veterans, completing their registrations, Medical Triage, Dental Triage and X-rays. On Friday, the pre-screened Veterans will enter through a different door and be the first patients treated that day. We are so thankful for our Veterans and their service to our country, now it’s our chance to give back to them!
If I can’t volunteer at the event, is there another way I can help M.O.M.?
Absolutely! A project of this magnitude requires a large budget to cover clinic expenses (equipment and facility rentals, supplies, pharmaceuticals, food costs.) and lots of in-kind donations. Consider donating money or in-kind products or services. Your contribution, no matter the amount, will make a difference in treating thousands of patients.
Congratulations to Midwestern University –CDMI winners!
Basic Science – Landon Leavitt
Clinical Science- Alexandra Fushi
Don’t miss your chance to win our gorgeous ring! Buy your raffle ticket today.