Veterans First Program
U.S Veterans are invited to register at the SANGAMON COUNTY VETERANS ASSISTANCE COMMISSION to take part in the 2018 Mission of Mercy Free Dental Clinic!
If selected as a candidate Veterans must report to pre-screening on July 19, 2018 from 1:00-4:00 pm at the BOS Center 1 Convention Center Plaza, Springfield, IL.
Qualifying candidates will be first in line for treatment on Friday, July 20 between 5:30-6:30 am.
It’s just a small way that we can give back to you for your service!
Here are some important things that prospective patients should know:
- Not all dental services will be available. Emphasis will be on basic dental care, such as fillings, extractions and cleanings.
- No appointments will be taken.
- No pre-registration is available.
- Care is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 6:00 am.
- There are no income eligibility requirements; anyone can receive treatment.
- No false teeth (dentures) will be made.
- Patients with serious health problems may not be able to receive dental treatment (for example, extremely high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, and severe disabilities). If a medical issue is discovered during the initial screening process, the patient will be instructed to seek dental care elsewhere.
- Patients will not receive all the care and dental work that is needed; the most critical dental problems will receive priority treatment.
Recommended items for patients to bring to MOM:
- List of current medications and a one day supply
- Baby supplies for a full day (diapers, formula, etc.)
- Something to help you pass the time such as reading material, knitting, crossword puzzles, etc.
- Water and snacks
- If a patient is in severe pain NOW, don’t wait until the Mission of Mercy. Seek treatment immediately!